1. Ice cream, even coconut vegan ice cream works. Lots of it.
2. Coffee chats, dinners and phone calls that last for hours. The other person will just nod as I ramble for 20 minutes about my feelings.
3. Those feelings will cause irrational, crazy behavior. Those who don’t know me declare me insane while those that do laugh and say, “Ah, that’s just Heather.”
4. Sob. Journal. Sob. Journal. Sob.
5. Restless nights and frequent trips to my thinking place.
6. Mistaking blessings for burdens.
7. Channeling the tough emotions into attachment for things outside of the grand picture.
8. Friends and family drop in with encouragement and support at the perfectly timed moments.
Whether it be to college, to Idaho, back to South Dakota or to Africa, twice, I’ve gone through this emotions with little grace and confidence. But eventually I realize there are no mistakes and I embrace the God-created path designed for me.
This transition will end soon. It’s time for a new chapter. I am scared. I am excited. I’ve dug through crap feelings to find my gut. It doesn’t shine as bright as I would hope it would, but that’s putting too much expectations on it. It’s there and I am chasing it.
Details to come.